PRFSF IRCP Policy
The Puerto Rican Figure Skating Federation (PRFSF) has established the following policy effective December 2004:
Independent Review Critique Panel (IRCP)
To evaluate, determine, and recommend athletes who are ready for set ISU Competitions (JR. Grand Prix and Grand Prix events) and Championships (4 Continents, JR. Worlds and Worlds).
Members of the IRCP would review and critique the PRFSF athlete's capability, competitiveness and evaluate programs to insure compliance with Code of Points standards.
The panel would evaluate whether the specified program content also meets the ISU requirements.
The objectives of the evaluation are:
1. To insure that the federation presents athletes that have been independently reviewed.
2. To evaluate and recommend whether the federation's proposed athletes are ready to compete in the designated events (e.g., competitions, championships).
3. To assure that our athletes can meet a specified level of competitiveness demonstrated at these independent reviews.
4. To insure that a proposed athlete for said competition or Championship meets the minimum requirements of the ISU and the PRFSF. (see ISU rule)
5. To insure that an athlete is evaluated against the Code of Points and can demonstrate to get out of qualifying rounds at said Championship or Competition
The Independent Review process will consist of a series of IRCP assessments
3 Reviews: The athlete will be required to demonstrate the following:
1st Review: Short or Long Program- Partial Program with music and all skating elements to include jumps, spins and footwork
2nd Review: Partial program with music and all skating elements to include jumps, spins and footwork
3rd Review: Full run through of both program, Short and Long with all skating elements.
* Those athletes that have be designated for an IRCP will be required to participate in all 3 reviews, not to attend all 3 will disqualify the athlete from participating in the designated event in consideration.
Frequently Asked Questions: We will provide answers to the questions in a couple of days
What is the National Criteria for representing the Puerto Rican Figure Skating Federation and competing at our National Championships?
What are the age limits for Novice, Junior And Senior at ISU International competitions ?
What is the minimum/maximum age limit for competing at Jr. Grand Prix, Jr. Worlds, 4 Continents, World Championships?
Define the PRFSF residency criteria?
(please feel free to send via email any other questions you may want posted on our website at our contact us page)